Blog Reveal

Starting off my experience with blogging has always been amazing. I love the fact that I can express myself and say whatever I want to. I used to blog a lot when I was in younger. My blog was based on beauty, fashion, and lifestyle. My blog was called “On the Scene with Syd.” I would review different makeup products and put different clothing pieces together. However, after doing it for a while, I stopped because I got too busy and didn’t put the time and effort into my blog anymore 

After blogging all semester, I realized how much I enjoyed it. If I were to blog again, I think I would keep this blog and start a new one. My new blog would be the same concept as before. The blog I currently use I would keep it because after taking this class I have the tools to know how to find reliable sources and how to decipher between real and fake news. 

I think blogging has changed the world of communication because anyone can say anything at any time without being stopped by the media. People can tell society the truth about what’s really going on not just what media allows us to know. By personal blogging, it can enable people to give their truth and opinion about a topic.

With the internet and blogging its acts a tool of empowerment because it allows for everyone to have a voice and not get shut down or say they are wrong. Blogging allows people to call certain groups out for what they are doing. You have the power to say what is right and wrong. You can keep people in check and if they violate something like your first amendment you can directly tell them.

Overall, I found blogging to be very enjoyable because I got to read news articles every day and stay more up to date with the world and what’s happening. Before this, I just got my news from Twitter or occasionally the TV. I have learned how to use alternative sources and not just to follow mainstream media.  I think for the future I would recommend students not just to look up an article once a week but, find ones throughout the week that you thoroughly are interested in and write about it.






Comments

Popular Posts